|Title of the article
CORRUPTION RISKS IN IMPLEMENTATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS PROTECTION BY THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION CUSTOMS
Agamagomedova Saniyat Abdulganievna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The struggle against corruption in the government is one of the priorities in development of the modern Russian society. Given the fact that the customs authorities, according to the experts, are among the most corrupt in the executive branch, it is required to introduce some changes in the legislation in direction of more precise regulation of the specific functions of customs authorities as the executive authorities. The purpose of the study is to identify the customs authorities that are the most vulnerable to the corruption aspects, for example a separate function of intellectual property rights protection, as well as to suggest measures to reduce corruption risks in this area.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research tasks was achieved on the basis of the analysis of the existing administrative mechanism for intellectualproperty rights protection in the cross border movement of goods. As to research methods the author used the method of normative-legal regulation analysis, the statistical method, the method of certain activity structuring.
Results. The author researched the issues of corruption risks in the process of intellectual property protection by the customs authorities. The aspects vulnerable to such risks appear to be the field of usage of the concept of «consignment», the field of implementation of the principle of «ex officio» by the customs authorities, the problems of goods similarity in respect of which the trademarks or other means of individualization are registered and used.
Conclusions. The author defined the field of specific functions implementation by the customs authorities, in which there are risks of corruption. The researcher recommended measures to optimize the existing administrative mechanisms for intellectual property rights protection and corruption risks reduction in the activity of the customs authorities in this field.
corruption, customs authorities, the Federal Customs Service, trademark, copyright, procedure «ex officio», Customs Union, homogeneous product, corruption risk.
|| Download PDF
1. Riger Kh.-I. Predotvrashchenie – klyuchevoy faktor v bor'be s korruptsiey [Prevention – the key factor in the struggle against corruption]. Available at: http://www.sapa. sib.ru/Podrazd/riger.doc. (accessed 23 January 2014).
2. Informatsionnye materialy o rezul'tatakh raboty podrazdeleniy po protivodeystviyu korruptsii tamozhennykh organov Rossiyskoy Federatsii za 2013 god [Information on results of anticorruption departments’ activity of the Russian Federation customs in 2013]. Ofitsial'nyy sayt FTS Rossii [Official web page of the FCS of Russia]. Available at: http://www.customs.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18782% 3A2013 &catid=76%3A2011-01-25-08-23-45&Itemid=1854. (accessed 17 February 2014).
3. Tamozhennye organy provodyat vospitatel'no-profilakticheskuyu rabotu po bor'be s korruptsiey [Customs authorities carry out educational-preventive anti-corruption measures]. Official web page of the FCS of Russia. Available at: http://www.customs.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7986:2011-03-25- 09-08-49&catid=76:2011-01-25-08-23-45&Itemid=1854. (accessed 23 March 2012).
4. Lomov A. N. Vestnik Tyumenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Tyumen State University]. 2010, no. 2, pp. 68. Available at: http://www.utmn.ru/docs/2993.pdf. (accessed 23 March 2012).
5. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2010, 29 november.
6. SPS «Konsul'tantPlyus» [Legal reference system “ConsultantPlus”]. Available at:http://www.consultant.ru.
7. Agamagomedova S. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2011, no. 4, pp. 45–51.
8. Astanin V. V. Zakony Rossii: opyt, analiz, praktika [Russian laws: experience, analysis, practice]. 2009. Available at: http://www.juristlib.ru/book_4051.html. (accessed 23 March 2012).
9. SPS «Konsul'tantPlyus» [Legal reference system “ConsultantPlus”]. Available at:http://base.consultant.ru.
10. SPS «Konsul'tantPlyus» [Legal reference system “ConsultantPlus”]. Available at:http://base.consultant.ru.
Дата создания: 14.11.2014 09:32
Дата обновления: 09.02.2015 13:42